If you have a business problem that is keeping you awake then here is an opportunity to getting it solved. We are the Directors Dilemma. We are business problem solvers looking to solve your business problems
Directors Dilemma – a forum for confidential discussion and problem solving.
This is your opportunity to write about the business issue that is keeping you awake at night. Simply jot it down in the box at the bottom of the page, add your name and email address and we will have a think about it and get back to you with some ideas that will help you to solve the problems.
If you want to talk then add your telephone number and we will call you back.
If it is confidential and you want to ensure that we make contact in a way that no one can see that you have been on this site, we will make contact via our holding site – The Business CoPilot.
Here at the Directors Dilemma we solve business problems only. We don’t solve life problems or ones of a strictly personal nature unless they directly impact on business performance.
Energising conversations with the Directors Dilemma
It was made by a client of mine during one of our monthly meetings where we talked about how to grow their business.
They talked about their ideas, their expectations, concerns and vision for the future. We swapped stories about situations at work and how it impacted the other areas of their life and those around them. We talked, we listened and then we agreed an outline plan of activity or homework.
What was so energising about this was exchange was the actual conversation itself. It was usually fast, wide ranging, free flowing, give and take and equal opportunity to talk and listen. Both of us learned more about each other and in so doing came away bigger than when we entered.
So how was it that an unscripted, unstructured chat could have such a motivational impact on us both.
Here are my starters for ten:
- As there was just the two of us we both had to contribute in equal measure. It isn’t therapy although there might be some therapeutic effect as a consequence.
- We talked about anything and everything that mattered to us both.
- The conversations were rich in metaphor, stories, parables and real life experiences. They were alive.
- We laugh a lot.
- We listen hard.
- We were open and honest, well as far as we can be.
- We had no boundaries. The clients are looking at ways to grow their business and it was this that framed the conversation. As owner managers the overlap between work and non-work was massive and so the conversations could be wide ranging
- No one had a role to play. We talked as normal human beings having a conversation about business growth that normal people would have.
- We appreciated one another’s contributions and each other’s feelings.
- We held tight to the important and release the hold on the unimportant as we want to learn and expand.
- We said what we needed to say. Positive, negative, irreverent, funny, gossipy.
- We had one goal – to enjoy the sessions.The outcome is always that we are both energised because we had the chance to open our minds and fly unconstrained by reality, ego or expectations.
Sometimes we clashed, sometimes we were in violent agreement.
It mattered not. What is key is that words were said and heard, that in turn sparked more words, more ideas, more lines of thought. New lines were open that allowed further reflection, or confirmation or dissonance that needs resolving.
If you think that having energising conversations could help, then find a trusted adviser who has the bandwidth, chemistry, value set and experiences and get talking or call me on 0117 230 3166 to see if I am that trusted adviser for you.
Have you had any energising conversations recently?
It really works
A few testimonials that demonstrate the power of problem sharing.
“Allowed me to clear my head and focus on the important bits.”
“It offered a fresh perspective on an old problem that moved us forward.”
“I was so energised after we spoke with the Directors Dilemma team. They understood the issue and had some constructive advice to offer.”
“Wish I had called them earlier. Would have saved so much time and energy”.
“My wife refused to speak to me until I had spoken to them as it allowed me to an opportunity to decompress and get back to being my normal self!”
“What a great idea! That’s why I love these Directors Dilemma sessions as I would never had come up with that alone.”
A problem shared is a problem halved. That’s not me who made that up, but I know someone famous said it.”
You can always call the Directors Dilemma on 0117 230 3166 to discuss any matter that is keeping you awake.
A bit about The Directors Dilemma team
We here at the Directors Dilemma are a team of experienced business people who design and implement strategies to grow businesses.
It is a virtual team spread across the entire country. We assess each inquiry to see what expertise is needed and then contact that individual to ask for their comments. It is all done entirely confidentially and no names are shared until you are satisfied that they can help.
The Directors Dilemma – working with you to solve your business problems.